If you know me at all, you know my style of cooking is to open my refrigerator and see what I have to offer that is easy and quick.
I certainly am not one to follow recipes, so attempt this delicious recipe at your own risk.
Ingredients (add more or less, for your taste preference):
Butter or olive oil
Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Chop onion, shallot, and one clove garlic. Add to sauté pan with butter or olive oil. Cook over medium heat until softened.
- Add the sausage and crumble as it cooks.
- Once sausage is crumbled, add 1/2 cup chicken broth and 1/2 cup milk. Simmer while the pasta cooks in salted water.
- Drain the pasta, saving 1/2 cup or so of the salted pasta water and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes and shrimp to the sausage and cover for 3-5 minutes, mixing once.
- Combine pasta with shrimp and sausage concoction, then add Parmesan cheese, lots of basil, and salt and pepper to taste. Use the reserved pasta water if dry.
Honestly, you cannot mess this up! Enjoy!
–Mandy Rich, Buyer’s Agent