Things To Do In Central Ohio – May 2019

May brings Margaritas, Mother’s Day, the Race for the Cure, Family Funday, The Memorial, and the start of festival season!

Columbus Clippers!
When: May 10-27, 2019 (select dates)
Where: Huntington Park, 330 Huntington Park Lane, Columbus
Check out games against Syracuse, Toledo, and Indianapolis. Huntington Park…where the grass is greener, the hot dogs are juicier, and the bases are loaded!

Columbus Margarita Fest
When: May 11, 2019 from 12:00-8:00 p.m.
Where: Columbus Commons, 160 S. High Street, Columbus
Taco trucks, live music, and more margaritas than you’ll know what do with!

Mother’s Day Brunch at the Columbus Museum of Art
When: May 12, 2019
Where: Columbus Museum of Art, 480 East Broad Street, Columbus
Don’t know what to get your Mom this year? Tickets to this event are sure to be a hit! Explore the galleries and enjoy a delicious brunch with your Mom.

Celeste Ng Author Visit
When: May 13, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
Where: Grandview Heights High School, 1587 W. Third Avenue, Columbus
Both of Cleveland-raised author Celeste Ng’s books take place in Ohio and center on families with secrets that seem impossible to overcome.

Komen Race for the Cure
When: May 18, 2019 – Expo and Hope Village Opens at 7:00 a.m., Survivor Ceremony at 8:00 a.m., 5k Run/Walk at 8:45 a.m., and Family Fun Walk at 9:00 a.m.
Where: Downtown Columbus
The event raises funds and awareness for the breast cancer movement, celebrates breast cancer survivors, and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. 75% of the net income stays in our community to help fund breast health education, screening, and treatment. The remaining 25% supports Komen’s national research and training grants program.

Six One Pour
When: May 18, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Where: COSI, 333 W. Broad Street, Columbus
Fifty Ohio craft breweries will be on hand sampling local beer. Live music and food too!

Delaware Arts Festival
When: May 18-19, 2019
Where: Downtown Delaware
Two days of fun, food, entertainment, children’s activities, and high-quality arts and crafts in the beautiful setting of historic downtown Delaware! Profits from the festival go to supporting the visual arts in Delaware County through scholarships and grants.

USA Volleyball Open National Championships
When: May 24-29, 2019
Where: Greater Columbus Convention Center, 400 N. High Street, Columbus
More than 1,600 matches are played during the 6-day event!

Family Funday
When: May 25, 2019 from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m., followed by a free showing of “Ralph Breaks the Internet” at 8:15 p.m.
Where:  Columbus Commons, 160 S. High Street, Columbus
Families can enjoy carousel rides, face painting, inflatable games, arts and crafts, and much more! Many activities are free and some activities require a $5 wristband for unlimited fun.

BrickUniverse Columbus LEGO Fan Expo
When: May 25-26, 2019
Where: Ohio Expo Center, Kasich Hall, 717 E. 17th Avenue, Columbus
LEGO everything! Building zones, displays, art, merchants, and more! The ultimate LEGO fan experience!

Columbus Asian Festival
When: May 25-26, 2019
Where: Franklin Park, 1755 E. Broad Street, Columbus
Kick off the summer festival schedule! Columbus’ Asian heritage is on display at Franklin Park on Memorial Day weekend. Food, dance, games, exhibits, and music from across Asia.

The Memorial Tournament
When: May 27-June 2, 2019 (gates open at 7:00 a.m. each day)
Where: Muirfield Village Golf Club, Dublin
Practice rounds begin on Monday. Tournament rounds begin on Thursday. Will your favorite golfer make the final cut?

For a list of area festivals and events in the summer of 2019, click here.

Note: The information here was correct at time of publishing, but weather and other issues can impact even the best laid plans. Call the venue directly or visit the links provided for up-to-date information before you make your plans!

Comments are closed.