Whether we like it or not, learning to practice good cyber hygiene is here to stay. Here are some valuable cyber hygiene best practices for you and your family.
- Do not click on suspicious emails, attachments or links.
- Always verify the sender of the email before doing anything.
- Keep your operating system up to date on all devices.
- Install antivirus software on all devices and keep it up to date.
- Keep your firewall turned ON.
- Turnoff, logoff, or lock when your computer/device is not in use.
- Use at least 8 characters in your passwords and change them every 90 days.
- Do not use personal information for passwords, rather: one upper/lower; one special character; one number, etc.
- Be careful what you download.
- Avoid websites you don’t trust.
- Turn on 2 step authentication or multifactor verification on all online accounts with sensitive information. (Facebook, email, online banking, etc.).
- Use a password manager to store every single password you have for easier & secure access to your online accounts.
- Most importantly, if you are involved with a real estate transaction, always call your agent & title company on the phone to verify wire instructions.
Northwest Title is one of our partners because of the exceptional service they provide to our clients. They have been serving the Central Ohio area for over 50 years. They know title insurance!
Scott Stevenson, Esq.
Every Detail Is Important At Northwest Title
Every detail counts in the real estate process, from purchases to refinances to complicated commercial development transactions. At Northwest Title, we aim to lead you through closing with ease and peace of mind. We have experience with all types of residential and commercial title transactions, and we pride ourselves on using our experience and knowledge to help improve both the title and real estate industries. We strive to identify title risks and find solutions to title obstacles while using our legal knowledge and underwriting expertise to insure and protect our customers from prior title errors harming their real estate investment. When you close with Northwest Title, you can be assured that we value the details and you can take comfort in knowing you’re protected.