Soon the kids will be back in school (did I just hear a collective, “Woo Hoo!”). Why not invite over a few of your neighborhood Moms (and Dads too) and celebrate the first day of school with mimosas and muffins? Of course, after the kids are safely on the bus!
Traditional Mimosa Recipe
1 bottle of your favorite champagne
1 quart of orange juice (recommend Simply Orange)
Grand Marnier Orange Liqueur (optional)
- Pre-chill all ingredients.
- Gather 6-8 champagne flutes. Rinse and chill in freezer to frost glasses.
- Fill each glass half full with ice and then pour orange juice about 1/3 – 1/2 way up.
- Slowly pour in the champagne.
- Pour a splash of Grand Marnier Liqueur on top.
- Garnish with a slice of strawberry or with a curl of orange peel.
To Die For Blueberry Muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed and softened
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.