We all have goals, but we hardly ever achieve all of them. We get so caught up in “life” that we forget what we were doing in the first place, which inevitably leads us to falling short of our goals.
Here are a few tips on how to properly set your goals while staying motivated to finish and accomplish them!
- Set goals that are actually what YOU want – You simply won’t feel motivated to achieve a goal if it isn’t something you are truly passionate about.
- Start off small – Set a goal that you know is easily obtainable but will help you. For instance, get your work attire ready the night before. You will feel less stressed and ready to tackle more important obstacles. Having the motivation of completing something small can push you to accomplish greater, long term goals.
- Accountability – When someone knows your goals and they ask you, how does it make you feel to tell them your status? Knowing that you will soon be asked the whereabouts on your goals will only make you strive to push yourself. No one wants to give negative information; this will help you strive to stay on top of your goals so you can give a positive response!
- Set a timeline – Of course you need a deadline of when to have your goal completed! This will help motivate you and give you steps to process throughout your given timeframe. Create a visual timeline that you see every day.
- Reward yourself – You worked hard to accomplish your goal! Give yourself some credit and reward yourself. Take a vacation, buy yourself a new outfit, get a massage. Let yourself know that all the hard work pays off! Planning your reward when setting your goal will help motivate you to complete it!