Juli Cachat knocks it out of the park with this recipe!
Refreshing dessert just in time for picnic season! Brought to you by Juli Cachat, a Buyer’s Agent on the Ryan Reynolds Team.
1 cup margarine, divided
2 boxes mini vanilla wafers
1 pound bag powdered sugar
1 can crushed pineapple in juice (drained and juice reserved)
1 pint heavy whipping cream
- Grease pan with small amount of margarine (about 1 Tablespoon).
- Crush 1 box mini vanilla wafers and mix with ¼ cup melted margarine. Once mixed, press into the bottom of a 9×13 pan and set aside.
- Cream together ½ cup melted margarine and 1 pound powdered sugar. Consistency should be that of paste. If too thick, add some of the reserved pineapple juice — 1 Tablespoon at a time. If too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- Once thoroughly mixed, spread over crushed mini vanilla wafers (this will be difficult and swearing is permitted!).
- Beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Then, gently fold in drained crushed pineapple. Once well mixed, spread over powdered sugar layer.
- Finish off with a layer of roughly crushed vanilla wafers. Use as little or as much as you would like.
- Cover and place in refrigerator 6-24 hours before serving.