Garage Sale season is upon us! When it comes to getting the best deals and some great finds, you can always count on a great garage sale!
What makes you stop at a garage sale? Do you do a drive by after reading the ad in the paper or seeing the signs, to make sure it is worth your stop? How do you, as a seller, bring in the most customers? The biggest answers are MARKETING and PRESENTATION! Advertise your sale as much as you can. Marketing will bring in the customers, but what will make them get out of the car and take a look around? Presentation!
- Advertise in the newspaper.
- Post on social media and on Craigslist.
- Make signs – big, legible signs!
- Hang up your clothes.
- Have enough walking and grazing space.
- Just like a retail store, place like items in the same area/section (clothes, décor, kitchen, etc.).
- Clearly price your items – use larger tags for bigger items.
- Use tables so that your customers can see your items at eye level.
- Use tarps if you must put things on the ground.
- Have a “free box” – who doesn’t like to take home something for nothing?