Things To Do In Central Ohio – May 2016

things to do in central ohio ryan reynolds

May brings the Race for the Cure, Family Funday, The Memorial, and the start of festival season!

Columbus Clippers
When: May 9-15 and May 24-29
Where: Huntington Park
Two homestands in May! Check out games against Lehigh Valley, Louisville, Buffalo, or Durham. The Clippers are defending their International League title!

Komen Race for the Cure
When: May 14, Registration opens at 6:30 a.m. and Race at 8:45 a.m.
Where: Front Street (just north of Gay Street), Downtown Columbus
The event raises funds and awareness for the breast cancer movement, celebrates breast cancer survivors, and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. 75% of the net income stays in our community to help fund breast health education, screening, and treatment. The remaining 25% supports the Susan G. Komen Grants Program.

Rock on the Range
When: May 20-22
Where: Mapfre Stadium, One Black and Gold Boulevard, Columbus
10th Anniversary for this rock festival!

Family Funday
When: May 28, from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m., followed by a free showing of The Good Dinosaur at 8:15 p.m.
*Event opens at 3:00 p.m. exclusively for families with children who have sensory sensitivity*
Where: Columbus Commons, 160 S. High Street, Columbus
Families can enjoy carousel rides, inflatable games, a petting zoo, arts and crafts, and much more! Many activities are free and some activities require a $5 wristband for unlimited fun.

Columbus Asian Festival
When: May 28 from 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. and May 29 from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Where: Franklin Park, 1755 E Broad Street, Columbus
Kick off the summer festival schedule! Columbus’ Asian heritage is on display at Franklin Park on Memorial Day weekend. Food, dance, games, exhibits, and music from across Asia.

The Memorial Tournament
When: May 30-June 5, gates open at 7:00 a.m. each day
Where: Muirfield Village Golf Club, Dublin
Wednesday is Military Appreciation Day, Junior Golf Day, the Memorial Honoree Ceremony, and the Jack Nicklaus Golf Clinic. Tournament rounds begin on Thursday.

Note: The information here was correct at time of publishing, but weather and other issues can impact even the best laid plans. Call the venue directly or visit the links provided for up-to-date information before you make your plans!

Comments are closed.