Grilling season is nearly upon us and here is one of my family’s favorite recipes!
Recipe from Ryan Reynolds
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon spicy mustard
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1-2 tablespoons minced garlic
Black pepper (fresh ground) – several grinds / about 1 teaspoon
1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
20 (or so) mushrooms
2 whole peppers (red, green, or yellow)
10 (or so) cherry tomatoes
1 medium zucchini
1 large red onion
1 ½ lbs. sirloin
- Mix the following in a large Ziploc bag: vegetable oil, soy sauce, vinegar, spicy mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, black pepper, sea salt, and sirloin.
- Allow the sirloin to marinate for at least 2 hours, but it is better overnight in the refrigerator.
- Just prior to cooking, cut vegetables into large pieces and set aside.
- Heat grill to a medium-hot setting and spray the grill with cooking spray (careful when spraying).
- Place the sirloin and the vegetables on metal or wooden skewers in random order – my kids prefer all meat!
- Cook the skewers on the grill until the sirloin is done to your desired wellness – 12 to 15 minutes for medium-well. Make sure that you turn frequently and douse in the leftover marinade often.