5 Home Improvement Projects Under $500 – Updating and upgrading your home doesn’t have to break the bank. There are a number of things you can do to improve the look and feel of your home without spending a fortune. Here is a list of 5 home improvement projects that cost $500 or less from Rismedia to get you started.
- Enhance the curb appeal of your home. The front yard and outside of your home is the first thing you and anyone else will see when pulling up to your house, so whether you’re planning on selling your home or not, you’ll appreciate a clean front yard. Enhancing the curb appeal of your home can be as simple as picking up any toys or tools laying in the yard, pulling some weeds, and planting some bright flowers. This should also include repairing or replacing anything that’s broken, such as a fence or mailbox.
- Paint your front door. This goes along with enhancing the curb appeal of your home. Replacing your door can cost upwards of $1000, but simply repainting your door won’t cost you nearly that much. You might even have enough left over to update the hardware and add some patio furniture.
- Paint the walls inside. The color of your walls can fade or become dingy over time, so a fresh new paintjob will help make the place look like new. If you don’t have to repair any holes, painting your interior walls should be a fairly easy DIY job, and, if you do it yourself, you should have money left over to update the baseboards or electrical and light sockets too.
- Update your lighting fixtures. If the light fixtures in your home are outdated or broken, repairing or replacing them can make a huge difference in the way your home looks and feels. This can range from replacing a chandelier hung from the ceiling, to replacing a lamp shade in the living room.
- Replace your toilets. If your toilets were installed before 1995, replacing them can update the look of your bathroom and save you thousands of gallons of water per year. Rismedia suggests that newer models of toilets can cost less than $200, which leaves you with room to replace multiple toilets or update some other fixtures in the bathroom.
Updating your home can be a cost-effective and easy project, if you know what to focus on. Start with these 5 projects from Rismedia and check out their blog for even more ideas.