Located just north of the State Capital, Columbus, Ohio, is Powell – a wonderful city to live and raise a family. The city, located in Delaware County, is the perfect place to experience a life near the city, without living in the hustle and bustle of downtown Columbus. The reputation alone makes Powell an attractive environment for any outsider. Here are five fun facts about Powell.
1. In 2005, Powell was recognized by CNN Money magazine and ranked number 18 out of the 100 best places to live in the United States.
2. The Columbus Zoo – located in Powell – is the number 1 zoo in the nation.
3. In Powell, there are more than eight miles of trails and around 85 acres of park land.
4. Powell, is known by Forbes.com as one of the “Best Places to Get Ahead” in the United States.
5. Throughout the entire year, there are more than 200 recreational, leisure and educational programs offered by the Parks and Recreation Department, for the community to participate in.
To learn more about the beautiful city of Powell, Ohio, visit here.