5 Things To Do In Central Ohio This September – Happy September! The air is getting cooler, school is back and session, but there are still plenty of things to do here in Central Ohio in the fall. While the kids may be in school during the week, autumn is a great time to fit in some fun family time before the weather turns cold. Whether you’re looking for a fun day out, an entertaining show, or a break from homework time, there’s something going on to suit everyone. Below are a few of our favorite events going on in the Central Ohio area in September. Check them out and have a happy start to fall!
Here are some events taking place in September:
- Columbus Greek Festival, August 29-September 1, Short North: Experience traditional Greek traditions and culture at the annual Columbus Greek Festival in the Short North area of Columbus! With great food, entertainment, activities and more, it’s a celebration you shouldn’t miss. Visit the festival’s web site to learn more.
- Short North Gallery Hop, September 6, 4 p.m., Short North Arts District: Stroll up and down the beautiful Short North area the first Saturday of every month and take in local art, entertainment and more! Several galleries show the work of local artists, and many bars and restaurants offer specials.
- Delaware County Fair, September 13-20, Delaware County Fairgrounds: Throw back to summer at this fun fair! Enjoy a traditional county fair with daily entertainment, junior/senior fair animals and exhibits, tractor pulls and other events. More details can be found at the fair’s web site.
- Columbus Crew vs. New England Revolution, September 20, 6 p.m., Crew Stadium: Root for Central Ohio’s own soccer team as they play the New England Revolution! With $1 brats, it’ll be a fun night for parents and kids alike. Visit the Crew’s web site for more information.
- Columbus Oktoberfest, September 26-28, Ohio Expo Center: Whether you have German roots or are simply German at heart, the annual Oktoberfest celebration is fun for everyone! Come polka, eat, drink and be merry at the Columbus Oktoberfest. Enjoy fabulous food, beers, great shopping and entertainment. Learn more by visiting their website.
Are you attending any of these events? What do you like to do with your family in September? Let us know by leaving a comment below!