Things to do in Central Ohio: August – Are you staying cool in this August heat? It’s almost the end of summer. Back to school season is right around the corner, and your kids might be a little blue about returning to the books. If that’s the case, never fear: there are plenty of fun things to do in the Central Ohio area for some fun before the class bell rings. We’ve rounded up our favorite events going on during the month of August. Grab your family and have a last dose of summer fun!
Here are our top picks of events going on around Central Ohio:
- Worthington Farmer’s Market, August 2, 8 a.m., Downtown Worthington – Do you want to support local farmers and food vendors? Head to downtown Worthington and pick up fresh fruit, veggies, flowers and more from over 70 vendors.
- Powell Mystery Night Out, August 5, 5:30 p.m., Powell: Does your family love mysteries? Help Axel, the city of Powell’s canine unit, find clues throughout downtown Powell and solve a crime during this free event. The clues will eventually lead to Village Green Park for an evening of entertainment, food and raffle prizes. Visit the event listing for more information.
- Ohio State Fair, through August 3, Ohio Expo Center – Bring the family to the annual Ohio State Fair for a day of family fun! A tradition since 1850, the fair features sport competitions, exhibits, a free petting zoo, helicopter rides, live entertainment, exciting rides and much more. Admission starts at $6. Find out more at the fair’s web site.
- 2014 Concerts on the Green-Matt Munhall, August 10, 7 p.m., Village Green, Worthington – Grab the family and head out to the Village Green and enjoy a free concert featuring musician Matt Munhall! All performances are held on the Northwest Quadrant of the Village Green (corner of High Street & Dublin-Granville Road). Click here for the complete concert schedule.
- Fashion Meets Music Festival, August 29–31, Arena District – It’s part fashion show, part outdoor concert, but a whole bunch of fun! This three-day event is the first collaboration of its kind and features several fashion designers and musicians, including New Found Glory, Parachute and more. Head to the event site to learn more.
Be sure to mark your calendars for these upcoming events! Are you attending any of these events? Did we miss anything? Tell us what you like to do in August by leaving a comment below!