Things To Do In Ohio – July 2014 – Happy July! Are you enjoying the summer? If you’re trying to beat the heat or keep your kids from complaining of boredom, you’re in luck. Central Ohio is a great place to be in the summertime – there are tons of festivals, fairs, and events that are fun for the whole family. With Fourth of July celebrations, fairs, festivals, concerts and more, boredom is something you won’t have to deal with. Below is a list of our favorite events and things to do during the month of July. Check them out and head out on the town. Feel free to leave a suggestion in the comments below!
- Red, White & Boom!, July 3, Downtown riverfront – Celebrate Independence Day the Columbus way! Head downtown for a day of great food, live music and the biggest fireworks in Ohio at this annual holiday bash. Learn more at the Red, White & Boom web site.
- Music in the Park, July 10, 7 p.m., Upper Arlington Arts Stage – Bring a lawn chair or blanket and pack a picnic and enjoy a free concert in the park! The night will feature Angela Perley and the Howlin’ Moons. Learn more on the City of Upper Arlington events listing.
- North Market Food & Ohio Wine Festival, July 11-13, North Market – Need a fun date idea or idea for a get-together with friends? This is just the ticket. Featuring wine tastings, great food and live music, you’re sure to have a great time. Tickets are $25. Learn more on the North Market web site.
- Jazz & Rib Fest, July 18-20, Arena District – Ribs. Music. Tons of fun. What more could you want? The Jazz & Rib fest features the finest local, regional and national jazz artists, plus the best barbecue around. Check out the festival’s web site to learn more.
- Ohio State Fair, July 23-August 3, 7 p.m., Ohio State Fair – What’s summer without going to the fair? The Ohio State Fair is fun for the whole family with events, entertainment, food, rides and more! Learn more by visiting the Ohio State Fair’s web site.
Are you heading to any of these events? What are your favorite things to do in July? Leave a comment and let us know!