1. The builder’s representative is the BUILDER’s representative, not YOUR representative. When a real estate agent is representing you to a builder, they have a fiduciary duty to represent YOUR interests, which likely aren’t the same as the builder’s.
2. Options! We can help you pick the RIGHT options so that you won’t overbuild your house and be stuck with the white elephant in the neighborhood. Since the builder usually makes a higher profit margin on options, do you think it’s possible that they may not have the same concern?
3. We have LEVERAGE with builders! We’re not building just ONE home with a builder, we represent MANY clients who are, or are going to, build homes. So, when issues arise, we may help the builder think harder than if it was just you raising the issue. Plus, everyone knows that Real Estate agents talk a lot – especially when a builder doesn’t treat our client right!
4. Location, Location, Location! We know what sells and what doesn’t – we’ll help you choose the lot so that you are well located within the neighborhood to ensure your ability to resell your house when you choose. After all, we hope to have a great house to sell in 5 – 7 years! 🙂
5. Our services are FREE to you with most builders. With most reputable builders, the pricing is the same whether you are using an agent or not. Many of these builders pay the commissions out of a separate marketing budget set up precisely to pay commissions so that they won’t be influenced when an agent is involved.
We have helped many of our client build homes in the Greater Columbus, OH area including Dublin, Delaware, Powell, Lewis Center, Westerville, Worthington, New Albany, Hilliard, Gahanna, Galena, Grove City, and other fine communities. If you are thinking of building a home, give us a call…we’ll be happy to help!